1. Don’t stay in cancun any longer than you have to. Two days max. Trust us.
2. Ask taxi drivers how much before getting in. If not, at the end you’ll learn as we did with empty pockets. That said, it taught us the next one…
3. You can hitch in Tulum. Not sure about other places in Mexico and keep your wits about you and probably don’t do it by yourself but it’s safe otherwise. And it’s fun.
4. Don’t pack too much. As my dear friend Allison kept advising, but I didn’t listen, they do have a shops here. Of course. And cheaper shops.
5. Meet the locals - they’re wonderful and if you’re lucky, they’ll tell you where the best places are for food.
That’s it so far. Am sure more will come tomorrow.